Day two hair is all the rage these days. Gone are the days of spending hours washing and styling your hair every day.
But rocking second, third, and fourth-day curls that are poppin is no easy task. Today I am sharing My Super Secret DIY Refresh Spray For Perfect Next Day Curls. Because I love you!<3
Early on in my curly hair journey, I realized one of the amazing things about having curly hair is that if styled well, you can wear your curls multiple days.
Once you have created healthy hair habits, and take the time to learn about your curls and how to style them, you can have curls that only get better with time. Yes, this could be your reality.
But don’t miss the part that you have to establish a consistent, healthy, hair care routine BEFORE you will ever be able to rock second, third, and fourth-day curls.
Are you looking for simple DIY curly hair product recipes that actually work? Then you are not going to want to miss this FREE ebook.
I created this DIY curly hair products ebook through many hours of research and testing. After a lot of trial and error I have created 4 simple DIY curly hair care recipes that will keep your curls healthy, defined, and beautiful.
Get your FREE copy of the “DIY Curly Hair Products Ebook: 4 simple DIY recipes that will transform your curls” here.
Get your FREE “DIY Curly Hair Products Ebook: 4 simple DIY recipes that will transform your curls” here.
If DIY’s are not your thing or you simply don’t have time, I highly recommend this leave in conditioner. It is moisturizing but doesn’t weigh your curls down.
I created this refresh spray recipe after doing months of research, product testing and trying different DYI’s. Some worked, but I knew it could be better and I’m not one to settle.
I wanted something that would add moisture (but not weigh my curls down or make them stringy), add hold (but not make my hair crunchy) and add definition and shine.
Natural products are important to me and I like to know EVERYTHING that is in my product and it’s purpose. Which is why I love experimenting with DIYs.
My first step was researching ingredients that would encompass everything I wanted in a refreshing spray.
My Super Secret DIY Refresh Spray For Perfect Next Day Curls
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning that If you purchase through clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Why Each Ingredient Was Specifically chosen:
Aloe Vera Gel: Contains dozens of benefits for hair and overall health. But the things I honed in on for a refreshing spray are…
- Naturally conditions hair without weighing it down – sign me up for something that holds my curl pattern while adding moisture. Other moisturizing agents like coconut oil and shea butter are just too heavy for my hair and cause it to become stringy. Aloe vera gel is the perfect amount of hold and moisture.
- Define Curls – I always need a little definition help on days 2, 3, and 4 but using gel tends to leave my hair more crunchy than I like.
- Promotes hair growth – SOLD!
- Gentle hold and definition without flaking
- It contains vitamin E which adds moisture
- It has a small amount of protein to help balance out the moisture
Vitamin E Oil: Last but certainly not least, vitamin E oil to add light moisture and hair repair
- Antioxidant properties repair damaged hair follicles
- Promotes hair growth
- Prevents breakage and brittle hair
As you can see from all the benefits listed above, this refreshing spray is designed not only to hold your curl pattern and add definition, it also promotes hair growth and is repairing your hair while you wear it.
It’s pretty much a must-have product to keep on hand. I keep one in my gym bag because it’s perfect for a post-workout refresh.
Ok, now that I’ve explained why I strategically hand-picked each ingredient and why my super-secret refresh spray is something you need in your life, now it’s time to take action.
If you want more information on how to care for and style curly hair, download this free ebook that will tell you everything you need to know to get started.
What You’ll Need:
- A spray bottle – I use and love these!
- Aloe Vera Gel – You can get it at most drugstores or here
- Vitamin E oil – This one can be tricky to find. Most health food stores carry it or you can purchase it here
- Premade flax seed gel – I use this recipe
- Lavender essential oil (optional)
How to make my secret DIY refresh spray:
- Fill spray bottle ¼ full of warm water. This helps everything mix well
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed gel
- 4 drops vitamin E oil
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Fill the rest of the spray bottle with warm water and shake well
Note: Keep refrigerated. It will last up to 3 weeks.
In conclusion: Having a product that works to refresh your curls is a game-changer. It allows you to rock gorgeous curls multiple days after styling with just a few spritzes.
This recipe will enable you to easily refresh your curls while adding a plethora of lovely benefits to keep your curls happy and healthy.
You can watch my video tutorial on how I refresh my hair using this spray below.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Let me know if you give it a try in the comments!
If you are not able to take the time to make this recipe, I highly recommend keeping this refresh spray on hand. It’s the perfect way to add moisture to second and third day curls.
P.S Don’t forget to download your FREE curly girl cheat sheet here!