Curly Bangs were named the coolest hairstyle to try in 2019 by HuffPost and after seeing dozens of gorgeous Instagram accounts rocking curly bangs, I had to give it a go. Today I want to share 5 Things To Consider Before You Get Curly Bangs.
Do you want Lucious, defined, cascading Curls? Then you are going to want this simple guide!
I created this simple 5-step system for caring for and styling curls.
While I’m all about following and staying on-trend when it comes to hair and fashion, I always like to take a step back before I rock the latest and greatest styles. I always want to make sure it is something that works well with my current style and overall vibe.
You might like these other popular post:
- 3 Supplements Every Curly Girl Should Be Taking For Hair growth
- Behairful brush vs Denman Brush
- How To Track Your Curly Girl Journey
- Drugstore Or High-End Curly Hair Products? Does It Really Make A Difference?
- How To Choose The Right Curly Hair Products
Shortly after I started my curly girl journey, I started seeing dozens of Instagram accounts rocking curly bangs. My gut reaction was “no way”. Mainly because I had bangs in the past and it didn’t work out so well.
But after carefully considering it and having a few conversations with my stylist, I decided to give it a go.
These are my results and I couldn’t be happier.
My favorite product line:
Note: My curly hair product recommendation list is continually updated since I am always testing new product lines.
My latest curly hair product fav is a line called EVOLVh.
EVOLVh is a high-end curly hair product line that that is committed to formulating innovative products that heal your hair from the inside out.
Many companies fill their products will harmful ingredients that act as a band-aide for your hair but don’t deal with the root issue. Long term, this causes your curls to become dependent on harsh ingredients.
EVOLVh’s products are formulated with clean ingredients that are friendly to the environment. Their goal is function and performance.
A couple of things I love about EVOLVh
- The products have a light pleasant smell – Strong smells in products give me a headache after a while
- Formulated with clean ingredients – It’s a great way to swap out your toxic hair care line with a clean toxic free line
- The products last a long time – A little bit goes a long way
- Free from: Sulfates, gluten, parabens, propylene glycol, silicones, phthalates
- Hydrates, without weighing down – It’s the perfect amount of moisture for my 3a curls
- Medium hold – I love the super defining cream because it offers the perfect amount of hold
- I love that they keep their products simple. You don’t have to try to choose from dozens of different products
I use and highly recommend EVOLVh. My curls are loving these products! I recommend getting started with the curl bundle. It has everything you need to get started on your curly journey.
>>>>>Click here to shop the curl bundle – Use code COLLEEN for 15% off
5 Things To Consider Before You Get Curly Bangs
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning that If you purchase through clicking a link, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Does it suit you?
One thing I’ve learned after being a little too hasty to jump on the latest trend is that not all trends suit everyone.
Before you get curly bangs, take a step back and identify if it’s something that will suit you. Does it vibe with your current style? Does it go with your personality?
Take a few minutes to decide if it’s something that will be authentic to who you are.
Are you committed to styling them?
Having curly bangs takes more effort than not having curly bangs. There’s just no way around it.
Before you head off to chop your bangs, make sure you are willing to put in the time to take care of them. You can see my styling video here.
Do you have a stylist you trust?
I recommend seeing a curl specialist and having a consult with them about getting curly bangs.
A professional will be able to help you better understand and also pick out the perfect style that will frame your face and enhance your beauty.
Do you want them for you?
Because FOMO (fear of missing out) is a real thing before you get curly bangs, take moment to recognize why you are getting them.
If it’s because everyone else is, you may want to hold off.
But if you genuinely love them, think they fit well with your personality, and want then for you, then go get that curly fringe!
Update: My favorite way to style the my curly bangs is using the Behairful Brush – use COLLEEN for 10% off. It helps your curls to spiral and add volume which makes your curly bangs pop! You can read my full review here.
Curly bangs are trending for good reason. They are fun, flirty, and have a way of outlining your natural beauty.
Just make sure they are authentic to who you are, that you are willing to take care of them, and that you are doing it for the right reasons.
You might like these other popular posts:
- How To Style Curly Bangs
- 10 Curly Hair Styling Mistakes That Are Killing Your Curls
- How To Sleep With Curly Hair
- 15 Things You Can Do Today To Get Perfect Natural Curls
- 10 Reasons Your Curls Are Frizzy And How To Tame Them