If you are in the curly world at all, you have probably seen gobs of different hair growth, serum and conditioners with argan oil on the label.
Argan oil has a plethora of benefits to hair growth and hair health in general.
This is something you will want in your line up for hair products.
Just a few benefits include…
- Calms Frizz: Argan oil is a great go-to freshen up mid-day. It helps calm frizz without weighing your hair down in the process.
- Moisturizes scalp: great hair starts with a healthy scalp. Use argan oil to gently massage scalp to moisturize and keep hair follicle healthy
- High in vitamin E: which adds bounce and softness to your curls
- Hair Sealant: Because it is lightweight, argan oil is the perfect oil to seal your favorite products.
How to use argan oil
- The cool thing about argan oil is that it is versatile and can be used in many different ways.
- It can be as simple as rubbing a few drops in your palms and applying using praying hands (before bed is best). Followed by rubbing on your fingertips, applying to your scalp, and message.
- Always rub together for a few seconds to activate.
- It’s best to apply Argan Oil after you’ve applied your favorite styling products. Argan Oil acts as a sealant and would make it hard for other products to stay on the hair shaft if applied first.
You can use Argan Oil as….
- Leave-In Conditioner/refresh spray
- Hair growth: Night-time Hair Growth Serum
- Deep conditioning
Here are a few of my favorite DIY’s Argan Oil recipes for curly hair
Night-time Hair Growth Serum
Recipe: Equal parts Jamaican Black Caster Oil & Argan oil.
How To Use: Rub together in the palm of hands and apply to hair using praying hands method. Rub between fingertips and massage scalp.
Apply before bed and sleep in a silk cap.
Pre-poo Argan Oil Treatment
Recipe: Mix equal parts coconut oil and argan oil.
How To Use: Divide hair in 1-inch sections. Apply the oil mixture to each strand of hair and coil around a finger. Put on a shower cap and let sit for 30 minutes or do this treatment before bed and sleep in a silk cap. Wash with a gentle shampoo or co-wash.
Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner
Recipe: Mix 1 tsp argan oil in a 6-ounce spray bottle
How To Use: Use to refresh curls in the morning or evening before an event
Argan Oil Mask For Hair Growth
- 1 Tablespoon Argan Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Virgin Coconut oil
How To Use: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Apply it to your scalp and then to your hair strands.
You can keep it overnight or you can rinse it off with a mild shampoo after an hour.
Repeat it 2-3 times a week.
What’s your favorite way to use Argan Oil? Let me know in the comments section.